Monday, October 24, 2011

The Beginning

So I have decided to take the next step in the home brewing adventure. I started out last year with the Easy Bake Oven of home brewing, Mr. Beer. After several batches I decided that this worthwhile (read money worthy) hobby. Now it is time to take the next step and start making full 5 gallon batches. I aim to use this blog as a way to document my progress, brews and general thoughts. So where do we go from here?

1.      I have my kit ready to go and so tomorrow is official Brew Day 1. I picked up a 2 Stage Fermentation Kit and a Brown Ale recipe from Midwest Supplies. Hopefully in the next few days I have a write up of how Brew Day went.  
2.      I’ve done the bottling thing and have while it was fun, time consuming, space eating, and boring it is time to move on. I have ordered my Corny Keg system and am ready to convert a fridge into a Kegerator. If only I had a fridge. Oh well, that isn’t needed for another three weeks and another blog post.
3.      Enjoy my brew and post.

So I hope you enjoy my write-ups and ramblings as I take the journey. Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment